Saturday, January 8, 2011

My AMAZING Weekend!!

Ok, so I'm taking a break from the 30 day challenge today, because I HAVE to tell you about my awesome weekend... and it's not even over yet!!


First, I spent Friday at the beautiful Desert Botanical Gardens for work. We were developing a "walking mathematical tour" for kids, and it was pretty awesome! It was an absolutely gorgeous day.


The sky was just perfect.
Soo blue!

They even had my favorite-- little owls!!!! And all conveniently in a barrel, too. ;)



Another look at the sky, from the front entrance ramada.


Friday night I spent with an AWESOME group of friends at the Arizona Science Center! First Fridays of the month you get in free as an adult. I made a vortex, assembled light circuits, played with a magnetic wall, and laughed at the trippy two- way mirror they have that splits your face with someone else's, and it is worth doing. I'm so glad I went! Afterward we all ate at IHOP, and I had some pretty good pancakes.



And then.


Oh. My. Gosh.


Today was just a perfect day... one of those rare days that just smacks you upside the head with how awesome it is.

I spent the day with my cute boyfriend, Scot, and his friends (well, mine too) Kala and Jeff. We started at 8 in the morning for Flagstaff, and played in the snow out in the middle of the forest for a while. It was so pretty! Powdery white goodness, wet shoes and socks, and Scot pushed me down a little road on a sled. It was quiet (except for us), and you could hear the wind blowing through the trees. The Aspens were beautiful, too, and matched the ground.

We got pretty chilly though, so headed back to the car and just decided to go to the Grand Canyon! Yes. Yes we did. Huge thanks to Scot for driving today, you get some special points for that.

It was breathtaking. Literally, it was so cold, it took your breath away. ;) No, not really, but the views sure did!

See what I mean!

I love the snow. It lets you see little details in the canyon that you can't see without it.

And of course, the BEST part was spending the day with Scot. What a gentleman, and seriously I'm impressed. The whole day, AND the Grand Canyon. I'm speechless.

Aren't we cute? Yep. I know. :)

So, the weekend isn't even over yet! Tomorrow, I'm going with my AWANA kids to play laser tag... haha, they better watch out!

Anyway, this year has been amazing so far, and it's only the 8th. I can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment