Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!! There is something so fresh and exciting about a brand new year with no mistakes in it. It is a time to celebrate with family and friends, and to think about what you want to see happen in the next year. A time to bring out the sparkling cider, sugar cookies, and glow sticks.

So, I spent my new year's eve with my boyfriend's friends (I mean they're mine too, but still mostly his), and what a night it was! They had food, and Jeff decorated with streamers and shiny things, and we played a bunch of games. It was a blast.

We talked about many things last night: Charlie the Unicorn (I had never heard of him, and thought they were kidding until they showed me the video), what glow sticks are made of, and discussed at length the humor in Zombieland (ok, guy humor is not my favorite). Interestingly enough though, no one brought up the topic of New Year's Resolutions.

No one! I guess because most people end up breaking them in February, or don't take them seriously anyway. It was kind of a relief though- I usually only make one resolution every year, and it's the same one. It was really awesome not to be put on the spot and asked about "how I'm going to improve my life." We just relaxed, had fun, and enjoyed each others' company. Yay for good friends.

Yay for good friends!!

So, what are your guys' new year's resolutions? Did you make any? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment