Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Challenge Day 4

My views on religion.

In the entire world, there are only two religions. Really. There are many, many shapes and colors of them, but when you look in the box and take off all the ribbon and wrappings you find either one or the other. The first you find is the religion of "I." "I" do good things or "I" don't do this, or "I" can do whatever I want because their is no God (although, that last one falls more under the category of mythology and not religion). The other one is the cross. That Jesus was both fully man and fully God, that he came to earth to suffer and die on the cross as atonement for our sins, as a perfect sacrifice, so that we could spend eternity with him. That there is nothing we can do to get to heaven ourselves, except accept the free gift of salvation and ask him into our hearts. That we do nothing; He already did everything.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment