Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 8 of the C.

"Day 08 - A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life"

Ok, so that last post is pretty awful. So I'm going to pretend it's tomorrow and do number 8 too. Aaaaaaaand it's another way to put off finishing my paper (I need a break).

Anyway.

I think that I almost always feel satisfied with my life. Who wouldn't be? I love it.

I have everything, everything in the whole wide world. I am completely happy, because I have JOY. That is what 2010 for me has been about.

Joy.


How to be content, or satisfied, in all things. When my dog is happy to see me... every single day of my life. Or when I feel hopeless studying Hebrew and want to throw my flashcards covered in 7 different verb categories out my second story window.

When I look outside, and see little plump brown cactus wrens making nests in the neighborhood saguaros, crowned in all their glory with snowy white and buttery yellow blooms.

When I see javelinas patrolling the neighborhood, and my mom trying to chase big horned owls off the roof.

When I am at school, and running on little sleep and coffee, and I want to take a nap but it's only 10 in the morning.

When I stop to take a picture of a pretty flower on campus, and someone notices and says hi, and then Bam! I made a new friend and shared a beautiful experience.

When my friend calls me crying because her hamster died, or when a coworker just needs a hug.

When I have my quiet time with God, and He puts everything back into perspective.

When I'm in pain all day, or when I'm not.

When I spend time with my cousins, any of them- I love them all dearly, and whether we're playing Hungry Hungry Hippos or talking about their day at school- I know that I have been blessed with an awesome family.

When little girls at my church share their secrets with me over candy canes and hot cocoa.

When my AWANA girls come in tired from life, and sigh in relief at my encouragement and support.

When I'm feeling ugly and waaaay tired at a friend's party, and my dad catches me sighing in the mirror and says, "Yes, Hannah. You're still beautiful."

When my brother asks me for help- and I may not have a lot of time, but I stay up all night to help him finish a project or show him how to write a resume, or surprise him with a Suns game. He's a great brother, and the only one I've got.

Wow, how's that for rambling.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I really love my life. I won the lottery.

-HJ

No comments:

Post a Comment