Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 16 - Your views on mainstream music.

Personally, I don't listen to main stream music.

Sure, I hear it while shopping, or in a friend's car, or on tv. But I don't consciously go out and find it, and I don't own any cds of mainstream music except for some Classical songs and I love Jazz, too.

Why?

Music was created for a purpose: to glorify God.

Satan was created as the archangel over all the praises sung to Him, so it should be no surprise that when he fell and warped things, he warped the very nature of music, too.

Not that I am against all music that isn't a hymn.

I think that as human beings made in the image of God, we reflect part of His nature by being creative. Music is an excellent expression of that creativity! I like all genres.

But, if it's not music made to bring glory to God, then I don't make a habit of listening to it.

Music affects us in a way that nothing else does; it doesn't just stay in the realm of the soul (mind, emotions, will), but goes into our very spirit. It can alter the way we think, feel, and treat others.

I'm just very careful about what I listen to. I don't know what else to say... and yes, I know I sound completely ridiculous but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Don't think I'm being "judgmental" about music, because I'm not the judge. God is. Take it up with Him.

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment