Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Brolly Parade!


This is an umbrella from Ghana, that really big red one. It was HUGE. But I'll get back to that.

On Saturday, I went to the Saltram Jazz Festival! It was at the house where they filmed part of Pride and Prejudice. I know, awesome!

Sorry I didn't get a very good shot of it, I was trying not to look like such a tourist and was holding stuff besides.
Isn't that pretty? It really could not have been more Englishy... a picnic on the grass, listening to music. Perfect.

Here is some of our spread, my coworker James invited a bunch of his mates to come so I could meet them. They had lots of questions for me, and especially about frats and sororities and super size meals at McDonalds. And I had to explain our system of government to the girl I sat next to.

Here is a candid shot of some of them.


All right, so you're probably wondering what a brolly parade is? Because it was a jazz festival, they also did the New Orleans tradition of an umbrella parade! It was a lot of fun. And no, I didn't have my brolly with me. Sad story.

So this is underneath that really big one from Ghana that led the procession. It was very fancy, and all tassled out. :)



Here is a picture of the house and stage, even though it didn't turn out too well.



Well, that was my Saturday evening. I'll write more later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment