Monday, April 18, 2011

A Conversation with Arizona's Women Governors


The Conversation with Arizona's Women Governors was AWESOME. Truly inspiring, and I'm so happy that I got to go as Dr. Wilkinson's special guest. What an honor.

I met Rose Mofford, Arizona's first woman governor. I also got to meet Jane Hull and Jan Brewer, too!

The table in the bottom right corner of the photo is where they sat before going on stage, so you can see how close to them I was. Just a few feet away.

They discussed some of their experiences; successes and failures, sound advice for life, and how being a woman doesn't change the fact that they are there to serve our state. The Honorable Rose Mofford was named this year's AZ Magazine's Woman of the Year, so you can read about it in their latest edition... but I can't help but tell you a little of what Rose said.

"My hands are large, and they are ugly, but they are strong and gentle; always there to greet someone with compassion."

There was a lot to take away from the event, including Rosie's very own specially- commissioned chocolate bars!

"The Hall of Dames" ha ha ha. I'll keep it, along with my memories from that day, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment