Thursday, August 26, 2010

Peristroika and Just Oika.

"Oika" is part of my 40+ Greek vocabulary words that I have to have down by TOMORROW. It means "house." I'm trying to think of things that remind me of each word, so oika gets Peristroika. It works better with other ones, such as "anthropos" (meaning human being- differentiating between humans and gods), and "anthropology."

Greek is a little ridiculous, and in fact I shouldn't even be on here right now but I need a break.

Classes are going pretty well, and so is work. I think I'm getting my own office! How cool is that? With a name plate and everything. I'm so excited. I submitted my first proof yesterday, with "Hannah Jones, Editor" in it. Oh, so fun. And they are even ordering me a graphics tablet... wow (I've been bringing mine because I do some of the illustrations)!

So far I have been up to my eyeballs in work, and right now I'm going off of 4 1/2 hours of sleep, the norm so far. Yay me.

On a more positive note, I LOVE seeing friends and people I know randomly around campus. Today I saw Kelly (an old high school band bud), Amber (an even older bud from JH), Becca (from Hebrew last year!) and made friends with one of my co- workers who is also an undergrad (he's going to be an engineer). And all of these people were happy to see me!

I am also the newest member of Sigma Alpha Lambda, another honors organization. And I'm adding to the Undergrad Student Colloquia series I'm in charge of this semester- now, professors will have their own lecture series. :)


Life is hard, but it is good. And it will all be worth it in two years when I walk across the stage or more likely field and pick up my two hard- earned degrees and certificate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment