- Be thou my vision, O Lord of my heart,
- be all else but naught to me, save that thou art;
- be thou my best thought in the day and the night,
- both waking and sleeping, thy presence my light.
- Be thou my wisdom, be thou my true word,
- be thou ever with me, and I with thee Lord;
- be thou my great Father, and I thy true son;
- be thou in me dwelling, and I with thee one.
- Be thou my breastplate, my sword for the fight;
- be thou my whole armor, be thou my true might;
- be thou my soul's shelter, be thou my strong tower:
- O raise thou me heavenward, great Power of my power.
- Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise:
- be thou mine inheritance now and always;
- be thou and thou only the first in my heart;
- O Sovereign of heaven, my treasure thou art.
- High King of heaven, thou heaven's bright sun,
- O grant me its joys after victory is won;
- great Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
- still be thou my vision, O Ruler of all.
It was deadly quiet as I walked along, something incredibly strange for a bustling campus. And then I heard it- this beautiful voice, clear and sweet, singing these words. Aha! That would explain the confused looks on everyone's faces. Everyone just walked with their heads down, thinking, and concentrated on them. How odd.
As I got closer to her, I looked at her. She looked at me, and we both broke out in a grin. That was all, after she passed things went back to normal.
Such a simple moment, but one that I probably won't forget for a long time. What an excellent thing to be reminded of- my Tower, my Might, my Strength. Amen to whoever you are, sister. Amen. :)