Monday, April 26, 2010

Are We There Yet?!

As I write this, I should be doing homework...but I'm not. I just took a Greek History exam, and barely eeked out a 25/25- but I missed the bonus questions! Bummer. And I had 25 minutes, and I submitted it at 24:59... talk about cutting it close! And then, I have TONS of Hebrew to be doing right now... we are learning the future tense, and oh my goodness is it ever confusing. Technically, there is no present tense- the verb conjugations (I know, I know- I'm about to lose you- I'm lost myself) that indicate the present are technically grammatically adjectives and are treated as such; and then there are 7 different categories of ways to conjugate things and the future is even more complicated, if you can believe it. I am not Jewish and not a native speaker... gaaahh. And I am SO LOST!!!


Lost. I love that show- like the rest of the world, I have absolutely no idea what's going on, but I am half willing to bet that the show writers don't either and the ending is going to be incredibly cheesy. Gosh I hope I'm wrong.

I also hope I'm wrong about the amount of work I have to do for all of these upcoming projects and preparations for finals...

Ah, finals. I bet you're royally tired of hearing college kids gripe and complain about them. I mean I get on Facebook, and just about everyone's status says something like, "I got up after not sleeping and now I have to go to class, and then I have work, and then I have to prepare for all these stupid finals!!!!!" -No way!!

;)


But really, as much as I worry and panic, I am grateful to be here. Out of all the places in the world I could have been born, out of all the families I could have been born to; out of all the opportunities I could have missed out on.... I am where I am and able to go to college. It's paid for, and I am studying what I want to study, and not just trying to get a degree so I can work; which seems to be the mindset of 96% of my peers. I have been given the chance to study books and writing, and to learn Hebrew and Greek, and to have other amazing opportunities. I am not trying to brag or anything, but I am saying I've been incredibly blessed. God is good! :)

Now if I can just get through these last few weeks of school... the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter... soooo close, and yet soooo far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment