Thursday, February 24, 2011

In Christ Alone

I would like to share some thoughts that have been stewing in my head lately.

Calvanism vs. Arminianism.

Why???

Really fellow Christians, WHAT is the point in debating these things? What's the end goal? Are you going to presume you can divide the sheep and the goats with this knowledge? I thought that was Jesus' job. So why worry about it?

In fact, I'm pretty sure Jesus had some things to say about pointless arguing: not to do it.

Interesting fact: one of the names for Satan in the Bible is The Labeler. He likes to get us to sit and argue and turn against one another and not serve each other in love, but in being "right." I think this is damaging; and therefore no, I will not discuss it with you anymore unless you really, absolutely are just dying to have it out. But even then, I will wonder why.

I think it is far wiser to just stay in fellowship with one another, in love, and focus on things that are of lasting value... rather than have an attitude of provocation towards your brothers and sisters in the Lord.

Can I get an amen?

In Christ alone are we to put our hope and confidence, not in any earthly debate and logical thinking of our own, based on our limited and often flawed perception and understanding of God's will. We are to go to Him with our questions, and to the Word as a whole-- not in fragments or by cherry- picking what we want out of it-- to get to know Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment