Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Lesson of Joy!

"Do not sorrow; for the joy of the Lord is your strength." -Nehemiah 8:10b

So pretty much, if you know me, then you know that my life is about growing in my relationship with Christ and about showing His love to people.

This is a learning process. :)

Lately, I have been learning about one particular thing: Joy.

I am learning that Joy is not the same thing as happiness. That Joy comes from the assurance that God is in control, that He's on my side, and that no matter what happens, I can rest in Him. This is what true joy is!

I'm learning that joy is not dependent on feelings. While I may feel happy, I may not feel happy the next minute.

Like if I just handed you a new car, I bet you'd be pretty happy. But if I took it right back I bet you wouldn't be happy anymore. ;)

So, this is where joy is different. It doesn't matter if I'm having the crappiest day of my life, or if my world isn't exactly perfect, or if I let myself down once in a while. It doesn't matter if I'm at a spiritual low or between a rock and a hard place, or even if I'm feeling down because life isn't fair.

What truly matters is that I can have a peace that passes all understanding, and true joy because I know who I am, where I come from, and what my purpose here on earth is. It comes from knowing my Creator, and seeking His company! Most of all, I know that I am treasured by Him and that no matter what, I am His and He loves me more than I can even fully comprehend.

I am learning that this is what joy is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment