It has been over a month now that I have been responsible for my own meals, doing my own laundry, and cleaning my own floors. Why didn't I move out sooner??
Here is a list of things for you people who are first- time mover- outers like me. (yes, I just wrote that shameful sentence with my new college diploma conferring an English degree on me shaking its head in the corner)
1. trash bags
3. knives, spatulas, utensils
5. soap- laundry, dishwasher, hand, etc.
8. ziploc bags
10. cleaning supplies
11. toilet paper :)
12. pots and pans, glasses, plates, bowls
13. chairs (folding, anything)
14. little lamp(s)
While there are many more things, these are the basic items you may want to consider investing in before moving out.
Now, here's a list of my favorite apartment things:
1. new kitchen appliances, like my coffee maker and Kitchen Aid mixer (aka miracle worker), electric tea kettle, and toaster (mmmm, toast)
2. potted plants-- I'm growing corn on my patio, along with lettuce, flowers, and strawberries.
3. awesome iPod sound system- because I don't watch that much tv
4. candy dish with lots of chocolate to refill it (also popular with friends, brother, and fiance)
5. picture on my fridge made by one of my Sunday school kids, love it
6. huge whiteboard collecting dust in the office (but fun to leave notes on)
7. owls, because I have an owl- themed bathroom (don't you dare judge me! You haven't even seen my owl board on Pinterest!)
What are your favorite things at home?