Friday, June 5, 2009

Be Thou My Vision

"Be thou my vision, oh Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me save that thou art!
Thou my best song, by day or by night;
Waking or sleeping, thy Presence, my Light!"

I wish I could write as beautifully as that. What was it that allowed all of the hymn writers to capture their thoughts into song so cleanly? To melt the sweet melodies into our hearts, to blend the words into rhyme so succinctly, to frost them like icing onto our spirits and souls? If only I could do that! I guess I will just have to practice. :)


I give it all to You. I give it all to You,
To You oh Lord, You I give
My life, my hope, my plans.

I give it all to You, I give it all to You.
For You oh Lord always have
The whole world in Your hands!

Haha, so it needs a LOT of work, I know. But I will eventually come up with something, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment