Monday, May 11, 2009

School is OUT!

Well, I have finally finished my first year of college.

What are my thoughts?

1) WHOOOHOOOO!!!

2) I have been so blessed, it's just ridiculous.

-No, really, I have been. I am debt free, building a savings account, I have a stable job, I have a place to live, and people in my life to care about and who care about me. I've made it through working and a 17 credit course load while making the National Honor Society (NSCS), I'm on the dean's list, and I didn't even have to pay for parking. What more could a girl possibly, possibly ask for? And on top of all of that, I have a certain someone special in my life who shows me more and more as I get to know him that it's ok to relax and to trust someone, a lesson I didn't even know I needed to learn.

Speaking of lessons, here are my top 10 favorite things I learned this year:

1) I love marching band to death, but pushing front ensemble equipment a quarter- mile uphill in full polyester uniforms in 115 degree heat isn't really my thing.

2) I can write a decent review, even if I think I can't. Thank you Dr. Duerden!

3) I can read and write in basic Hebrew- and I can even read from the Tenach!! Yes. It is awesome.

4) I know so much Bible trivia that I have to laugh at myself. Who else knows off the top of their head that in cave 1 at Quamran (that's where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found) there was found a commentary on Habbakuk? Me, that's who.

5) A year after AcDec is over, Civil War trivia is STILL SOMEHOW coming in handy. ?!?!?!?!

6) I've learned that even though people let me down, God never will and never has. Ever.

7) I can hand- crochet a full- size baby blanket in about four months, in between school and work.

8) I really, really enjoy the Suns. especially seeing them live and in person, they are pretty much awesome. I loved taking my younger brother and my boyfriend to the Suns Vs. Kings game- the one we won this season.

9) Watching movies isn't all that bad- especially if there is cuddling involved.

10) Yep... I still hate math. haha.

So, as I start preparing for summer and next year, I can only PRAY that it goes as well as this year did!

No comments:

Post a Comment